Landscape Design Project Manager
Verdance Landscape Design is seeking an astute Project Manager to shepherd our work from initial client contact through project installation and beyond. This is an opportunity to make a big impact at a small firm while working closely with our award-winning Principal, with opportunities to be mentored in every facet of the business of residential landscape design.
The Project Manager will:
Define project objectives, deliverables, budgets, timelines and responsibilities.
Coordinate staff, clientele, contractors and vendors from project initiation through completion.
Ensure the completeness, accuracy and graphic consistency of documents and presentations.
Anticipate challenges and respond to the needs of staff, clientele and installers both on- and off-site.
Create and maintain project files, meeting notes, resource libraries, and reference materials.
Create and manage business procedures, improve operating efficiency and increase client satisfaction.
Embody the firm's core values.
The successful candidate possesses:
- At least 5 years' experience in a collaborative design environment, e.g. landscape architecture, architecture, interior design, landscape construction, building construction, or graphic design.
- A personable, energetic and professional presence, with a record of success in managing complex projects.
- Excellent organization, time management and responsiveness to deadlines.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication in English.
- Eagerness to accept responsibility and learn new information, skills and systems.
- Proficiency with MacOS, digital filing and project-management applications, and Microsoft Office and/or Google productivity applications.
hours, location and travel
- This is a full-time, exempt position requiring 35–45 hours per week.
- You will work three to five days a week at the firm’s office in downtown Palo Alto, with the option to work remotely up to two days a week.
- You will need to travel locally for meetings, business development, education, or other purposes; you will use your own transportation and must possess liability insurance and a clean driving record.
To be considered for this position, provide a letter of interest, résumé, one sample of your best writing, and contact information for three professional references. You may apply via this site. No phone calls, please.